Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Everyone's Favorite Customer Love Topic, DELTA

A few years ago, I missed my cousin's wedding at home in Buffalo. On account of "weather." The frustrating thing is that other airlines' planes were taking off, and it seemed it was only Delta with planes stuck on the ground. To add insult to injury, my flight back to NYC was also canceled. I remember my parents saying, "my children are never coming home again."

Here is my empassioned letter to Delta (in retrospect, perhaps it was overly-dramatic):


Their response: A $100.00 voucher towards my next delightful flight with them. I think it was the best they could do. Refunding my flight would have been great, but I didn't even tell them the cost.

All in all, a good customer retention policy, even if I'm not overly-enthusiastic about them. (However I do appreciate their recent site re-design, and they have good in-flight entertainment sometimes, and they also did that fun gourmet menu. Baby steps!)

No comments:

Post a Comment