Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My first experience with good customer love

I was on the rowing team at Brown. Lots of us wore Asics. I wouldn't say I was a loyalist, but I did like Asics an awful lot. After about a year of use, on the ergometer (rowing machine), running to and from practice (sometimes) and worn on every muddy riverbank or dock of the Northeast, I found that peculiarly, the back heel cushion of my pair had rubbed away. I sent the following letter:

About one month later, I got a delightful "package slip" in my mailbox. Upon arriving at the mail window to claim my goods, I found, inside an envelope marked "Asics" a brand new pair of sneakers.

Wow.

A small act for them, a big impression on me. I am definitely a loyalist. In fact, in writing this post, I realized that just this week I recommended Asics to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment